The Four County Library System Website
Please read the following information to learn how to search the Four County Library System online catalog, place holds, review your library account, renew your materials, access free online databases, and view events occurring throughout libraries in the Four County Library System.
Find a Book, Tape or CD
Click here to search for an item in the Four County Library System catalog, place holds on items in the Four County Library System, view your account, and renew your materials.
Searching the Catalog:
- Click on "OK" to start your PAC session.
- Type in your requested information i.e. author, title, subject, series, periodical title, etc.
- Under "word or phrase", click on the arrow to specifically indicate the specific type of information requested, i.e. author, title, subject, series, periodical title, etc.
- Under "Libraries": If you want to request your item from a specific library, click on arrow by "Library" and indicate the specific library you are interested in searching. If you want to know if the item is in our system, the program is already set for "All Libraries."
- Click on the "Search" button.
- For a more advanced search, click on “Power Search” which is located at the bottom of the search box. You can use this to search by both title and author, publication year, reading level, type of item, and more. You can also use "Power Search" to browse.
- Once you have found the item you would like to request, click on the blue “Place Hold” button to the left of your specific requested item.
- Type in your User ID and your PIN. Your User ID is your 13 digit library card number. If you did not receive a PIN when you signed up for your library card, you can call the Vestal
Public Library at (607) 754-4243 to request a new PIN.
- Choose which library you would like to pick the item up at when it becomes available.
- If the date you receive the item does not matter, you can leave the “Expiration date” box blank. If the date you receive the item does matter, you can choose which date is the last date you are willing to wait for the item you are requesting. If the item has not become available by the date you enter, you will not receive the item.
- After you have filled in all of the fields, click the “Place Hold” button, and then click “OK.”
Viewing your Account:
- Click on the “My Account” tab, which is the last tab in the center of the screen under the Four County blue banner. Then click "Review My Account" to view the items you currently have checked out on your library card, or when these items are due, or your current holds, and/or to cancel your holds.
-You will be asked for your User ID and your PIN. Your User ID is your 13 digit library card number. If you did not receive a PIN when you signed up for your library card, you can call the Vestal Public Library at (607) 754-4243 to request a new PIN.
Renew Your Materials:
- Click on the “My Account” tab, which is the last tab in the center of the screen under the Four County blue banner. Next, click on “Renew My Materials.”
-You will be asked for your User ID and your PIN. You User ID is your 13 digit library card number. If you did not receive a PIN when you signed up for your library card, you can call the Vestal Public Library at (607) 754-4243 to request a new PIN.
- Check the boxes of the items you would like to renew, and then click the “Renew Selected Items” button at the bottom of the screen. Remember, items can only be renewed once!
Change Your PIN:
- Click on the “My Account” tab, and then select “User PIN Change,” which is the last tab in the center of the screen under the Four County blue banner.
- You will be asked for your User ID (13 digit library card number) and your current PIN.
- Type in what you would like your new PIN to be, re-enter your new PIN, and click the “Change PIN” button.
Click here to access electronic databases, newspaper and magazine articles, and more with the Research Center. Enter your 13 digit library card number and click “Submit.”
- Choose Automobile Repair for: EBSCO's Auto Repair Reference Center
- Choose Business & Finance for: Business and Company ASAP, Business and Company Resource Center, and Morningstar.com
- Choose Children’s Resources for: Kids Search, Primary Search, Searchasaurus, and New Book of Knowledge
- Choose Encyclopedias & Almanacs for: Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Americana, and Grolier Multimedia
- Choose Genealogy for: Ancestry
-Ancestry can only be accessed in the library
- Choose Health & Wellness for: Health Reference Center Academic
- Choose Literature for: Literature Resource Center, NoveList, and The Twayne Authors Series
- Choose Magazine Articles for: Academic OneFile and General OneFile
- Choose Newspapers and & Current Events for: Custom Newspapers, National Newspaper Index, New York State Newspapers, and Newsroom Navigator (New York Times)
- Choose Practice Tests for: Testing & Education Reference Center
- Choose Spanish-Language Resources for: EBSCOhost Español
- Choose Teaching and Librarianship for: LISTA (Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts) and Teacher Reference Center
- Access is also available to the New York Public Library Databases and Best Free Websites
Four County Calendar of Events
Click here to see events occurring at libraries across the Four County Library System.